I am writing to ask if, as an individual or representing an organisation or both, you would be prepared to support this project by making a submission to Council for what we hope will be the last time?
We have come a very long way in a year……. The only hurdles left, are the DCC’s Long Term Plan process and NZTA who make the final decision in July. It is through the willingness of individuals like yourselves to express your views, the advocacy of the Community Board, the decisions of Council and NZTA and the hard work by Council staff; that what seemed impossible a year ago, now looks set to become a reality – the delivery of this project in three years rather than ten and with a saving of nearly $3 million on the overall cost of the project! This project will deliver significant safety benefits for not only Peninsula residents, but all who visit the area.
What can you do?
- make a submission to Council’s Long Term Plan before 28th April
- fill out the Feedback Form online at www.dunedin.govt.nz/ltp or pick up a copy from DCC or phone 4774000 for a copy
- if you want the project finished in three years tick No. 8 Option 1
- present your views in person at the hearings if you can
- come along to the Community Workshop at Portobello’s Coronation Hall 7.30pm Tuesday 21 April to express your views to the Mayor and Councillors.
NB If there is anything else you want to make a submission on, the Long Term Plan is your opportunity to do so. At the end of the Community Workshop there will also be time for individual questions on a one- to-one basis.
Thank you in anticipation of your support for this important safety project.
Otago Peninsula Community Board
ph 478 1133
0274 478 876
Please feel free to forward this to anyone you know who might be prepared to write a submission.